Bosch Security President's SpeechBy: John Honovich, Published on Apr 25, 2009
Bosch Security President Gert van Ipeeren presented at SecuTech. Key points presented:
- Expects 2009 security sales decline of 5% globally, 10% in US and 2% in Asia
- Distributors have been reducing stock to improve cash position
- Encouraged manufacturers to diversify manufacturing and development to hedge against currency changes (probably useful only for the biggest companies)
- Commented that our industry needs to face the fact that after many years of constant growth, "our industry is not growing anymore." While I believe he was alluding to the entire security market, certainly the fast growth era cannot be taken for granted even in IP video (as Axis' results show).
- Commented that companies have been forced to scale down due to over capacity
- Acknowledged that there was 'quite some price pressure'
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.