Panasonic has sold off its security systems business to a private equity firm, after suffering years of challenges.
The new company, which will retain the Panasonic brand, tells IPVM that they will increase investment into R&D and the business.
Inside this note, based on feedback from the company, we examine:
- Who the new majority owner is
- What financial position Panasonic shall retain
- How the new company is being structured
- What issues brought Panasonic to this decision
- How well the new company may do
- What this (and the Pelco deal among others) says about the industry
- How it compares to Sony, Canon and Hanwha moves