There are dozens of software platforms in the access control market, but few companies make non-proprietary door controllers. We examine four of the most used brands in this guide.
Inside, we contrast typical access hardware providers and which hardware brands many access management systems use.
- The third-party offerings of Axis, HID Edge, HID VertX and HID Aero, Isonas, and Mercury
- Pricing comparison
- Why ONVIF for Access Control is not a major factor
- A chart explaining which controllers 34 notable access platforms support
- List of 25 companies that use proprietary hardware and do not use 'open' controllers
- The three factors that may complicate takeovers