ONVIF's Profile M promises a "standard way of communicating metadata and events" between cameras and clients, but how well does it really work?
To see how Profile M works, we tested conformant Axis, Bosch, and Hanwha cameras with Milestone XProtect VMS, examining:
- What metadata is supported via Profile M?
- Is all camera metadata supported?
- Is camera metadata configuration available from the XProtect client?
- Can camera analytics rules be created in XProtect?
- What configuration is required to enable Profile M events/metadata?