Webinar Recorded - Justifying Surveillance SpendingBy: John Honovich, Published on Aug 29, 2012
We had an interesting discussion with more than 70 IPVM PRO Members on how to justify surveillance spending and the one hour video below captures it all. The first part is a 20 minute presentation that review the key issues, shares research results, and explains different ways video surveillance can be justified. The next 40 minutes is a very interesting open discussion with many members on the call talking about:
- Differences in justification for military vs industrial customers
- Research studies on CCTV effectiveness
- Importance of social proof
- Justifications for education / university security
- Creating baselines of problems to address
- Liability issues
- Importance of regulations
- Operational justifications
- ROI of Systems vs Guards
Here's the video:
At the end someone mentioned Axis's TCO study. The most recent one is nearly 2 years old and was silly then and even more outdated now. Read the debate over Axis TCO's study.
Btw, register for this Thursday's ASIS New Products Preview Webinar [link no longer available].