Understanding IP networks is increasingly critical to designing and deploying video surveillance. In this special report, we provide nearly 2 hours of video training on the key issues, technologies and choices in using IP networks for video surveillance.
Who is this training for?
This training is designed for:
- Security Managers
- Sales and Marketing Managers
- CCTV Technicians (without IT expertise)
The training starts with the basics and then builds to examine numerous key topics that impact real world use of video surveillance over IP networks.
Unlike general IT training, we have customized our topics and examples to show practical issues in IP video surveillance.
This training is not for IT experts nor will it make one an IT expert.
What does this training cover?
Our training covers key issues and networking technologies that impact video surveillance deployments, including:
- MAC and IP addresses
- Public vs. Private IP addresses
- Static vs. Dynamic IP addresses
- DNS vs DDNS
- Unicast, Multicast, Broadcast
- TCP vs UDP
- Hubs vs. Switches vs Routers
- Default Gateways
- Port Forwardig
- Wired vs. Wireless
- Bits vs Bytes
- Asymmetric Bandwidth
- Half vs Full Duplex
- Bandwidth Available in Networks
- Bandwidth Consumption for IP video