Less than a year after Motorola Solutions spent a billion to acquire Avigilon, the company has made another major acquisition spending nearly a half billion on VaaS.
The company name 'VaaS' is poorly known in the space, and should not be confused for the generic industry term VSaaS. However, the company is better known for its subsidiary Vigilant Solutions, previously Vigilant Video, one of the most prominent and controversial providers of LPR.
Inside this post, we examine:
- Origin and growth of VaaS / Vigilant
- Quiet $100+ million in funding
- Current company size/breakdown
- Acquisition terms analyzed
- LPR / product overview
- Avigilon potential benefits