Falling Down: The 2014 Mid-Year GuideBy John Honovich, Published on Jun 02, 2014
Falling down - the theme of the 2014 video surveillance industry. This is the toughest stretch for the industry overall, since at least the 2008-2009 recession.
In IPVM's 2014 Mid Year Guide, a 150+ page PDF available inside, we break down the key challenges, issues and opportunities.
The Guide starts with a unique analysis of the industry and the key players struggling and growing, including:
- 7 Key Surveillance Trends for 2014
- Ranking 95 Surveillance Manufacturers Interest
- Favorite IP Camera Manufacturers 2014
- Worst IP Camera Manufacturer 2014
- Favorite VMS Manufacturers 2014
- Market Guide 2014: Video Analytics
- Worst and Best from ISC West 2014
We then examine 4 industry deals over the past 6 months:
- Avigilon Acquires VideoIQ
- The Sad Finale For Firetide Is Here
- Fail / Fail: The IQinVision - Vicon Merger
- Panoramic Camera Manufacturer Scallop Spin Out / Reboots
Plus, we review financial performance of major surveillance participants, including:
- Anixter Security Business Struggling
- Axis Misses, Profits Sink
- The $12 Billion Video Surveillance Manufacturer
And then we cover some important industry issues, including:
- ONVIF Affirms No Policing, Abuse Away
- Pelco Is Back?
- Why Was Dropcam at ISC West 2014?
- Avigilon CEO: Axis Model is Win - Lose
Turning to a number of executive ousters and key moves, including:
- Mobotix CEO Ousted After 6 Months
- Mobotix GM Goes To Scallop
- Samsung Americas EVP Out
- Samsung Hires Former Axis Directors
- Sony Security GM Is Out
- Pelco Major Rep Shakeup
- Arecont Engineering Exec Exits / Replacement Appointed
Finally, we conclude with in-depth analysis of Avigilon, the hottest company coming into 2014, now facing its first major challenge:
- Avigilon Financials and 2014 Future Plans
- Avigilon EVP Out, Schmode Consolidates Power
- Avigilon to Raise $100 Million, Who Will They Acquire?
- Another Avigilon Exec Out, Impact On Expansion?
- Avigilon CFO Out and Q1 Financials Reviewed
- 2 Avigilon Finance Directors Out, In Addition to CFO
All of these, and more, are available as part of the 2014 mid year guide:
How To Get It
There are 3 ways to get the 2014 Mid Year Guide:
- Non-Members: Become a Group PRO Member and get the 2014 Mid Year Guide plus 1 year membership.
- Personal PRO Members: Login and upgrade your membership level to Group to get the Guide.
- Group PRO Members: Login and click the 'request to send' link to get a personalized copy emailed to you.
Click on the link below to request a PDF copy or upgrade to a Group plan so you can get a copy of the Guide.
All content in the guide was taken from existing reports or updates already available to all members. The PDF guide provides a convenient way to read them in an organized fashion or print them for off-line review.