Megapixel Camera Search CriteriaBy: John Honovich, Published on Sep 08, 2010
The following documents the criteria that we are tracking to differentiate/inform users on megapixel cameras.
The goal of our upcoming MP Camera Search solution is to deliver the most powerful tool available. This will allow integrators and end users to perform advanced queries across numerous MP camera manufacturers to find the 'right' product for their specific needs.
- Camera Model Name
- Camera's Product Page URL
- Form factor
- Max Frames Per Second at Max Resolution
- Sensor size
- Sensor type
- Number of Years Warranty
- VMS Systems Supported
- Power supplies
- Maximum Power Consumption (Watts)
- MSRP USD $
- Online Average Price USD$
- Google Product URL for Camera
- Alarm Inputs # Provided
- Alarm Outputs # Provided
- Minimum Operating Temperature C
- Maximum Operating Temperature C
- WDR Spec - Measured in dbs
- SNR Spec - Measured in dbs
- Outdoor (IP Rating)
- Lens mount Type
- Is Lens Included with Camera?
- Does the camera support other lenses?
- Integrated Wireless Supported?
- Analog out?
- Provides HDMI Out?
- Mechanical cut filter provided?
- IR Illuminators Built in to Camera?
- On-Board Storage (None vs. Type - SD, CF, HD)
- Provides Privacy Zones?
- Supports SNMP?
- Provides On-board Motion Detection?
- Provides Multiple Simultaneous Streams?
- Supports Auto-Iris?
- Is a Panoramic Camera?
- Supports Auto Back Focus?
- Audio Option
- Minimum Illumination (Measured in Lux)
- Illumination details
- Supports Digital Cropping?
- Exposure control by region
- Is a PTZ Camera?
- Optical Zoom Magnification
- Pan Range (0 - 360 Degrees)
- Pan Max Speed (Degrees/Second)
- Tilt Range (0 -180 Degrees)
- Tilt Speed (Degrees/Second)
The tool shall be released on September 20th. Please provide feedback or questions.
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.