Marketing Statistics for Security IntegratorsBy: John Honovich, Published on Jan 27, 2010
Security Sales Magazine has released a statistical report on marketing expenditures and choices for US security integrators.
The most interesting points made include:
- Close rates for new business dropped from 56% to 46% between 2009 and 2008
- Websites are now the #1 source of leads, up from #5 a year ago
- 22% of security integrators report not having a website (and we think a large percentage of others have very basic websites with little information)
- However, manufacturer sales literature remains the most common marketing tool (with 81% still reporting they use)
- Over 80% of integrators spend less than 10% on marketing
- Almost 80% have reduced sales and marketing expenditures due to the recession
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.