Marketing Statistics for Security Integrators
Published Jan 28, 2010 00:00 AM
PUBLIC - This article does not require an IPVM subscription. Feel free to share.
Security Sales Magazine has released a statistical report on marketing expenditures and choices for US security integrators [link no longer available].
The most interesting points made include:
- Close rates for new business dropped from 56% to 46% between 2009 and 2008
- Websites are now the #1 source of leads, up from #5 a year ago
- 22% of security integrators report not having a website (and we think a large percentage of others have very basic websites with little information)
- However, manufacturer sales literature remains the most common marketing tool (with 81% still reporting they use)
- Over 80% of integrators spend less than 10% on marketing
- Almost 80% have reduced sales and marketing expenditures due to the recession