A door may look closed but not actually be locked. Without lock status monitoring, the doors and areas they protect could unknowingly be left insecure.
Lock status monitoring addresses a key vulnerability of many access control systems, but its value is often ignored or misunderstood. In this report, we explain:
- How Lock Status Monitoring Prevents Security Risks
- Why Shut Doors Do Not Mean Secure Doors
- Tradeoffs Of Door Position vs. Lock Monitoring
- Typical Lock Monitoring Cost
- Examining Latchbolt Monitoring vs Latchbolt Strike Monitoring
- Explaining Maglock Bond Sensors