IP Camera Course Winter 2014 Registration ClosedAuthor: Brian Rhodes, Published on Jan 01, 2014
IPVM's IP camera course enabled you to master the key concepts, drivers and factors in selecting and deploying modern surveillance cameras, through live webinars, discussion groups, quizzes, exams and essays. We will use the 2014 IP Camera Training Book as the basis of the class, explaining each one on the live webinars and answering your personal questions.
The course will have 12 classes over 6 weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Each class will have 2 sessions: 9am ET and 5pm ET to allow students from around the world to participate. Each session lasts 1 hour.
Each session will also be recorded and available to watch anytime on demand.
The course will be held in January, February and conclude in March.
You will learn far more than any manufacturer class can offer, vastly improving your ability to specify the right camera for the right application, plus understanding the key factors to avoid and optimize in real world deployments.
Additionally, if you pass the final exam, you will become IPVM IP camera certified. This is the new first part of our Advanced Video Surveillance Certification. Previously, we offered both IP cameras and VMS in a single 10 week course. Now, we are breaking it up into (2) 6 week courses so we can go into more depth and focus on each one separately. The VMS companion course will be offered in the winter.
The course's price is $299 for IPVM PRO Members, including live classes, discussion groups, private feedback, final exam and certification
What Past Attendees Said
Here's the experience and benefits of past students.
First up, end users:
- "Invaluable. Starting up and implementing a standard in our organization for IP video surveillance, this course has allowed me to set a working baseline."
- "This class covered so many topics from security and surveillance. It was incredibly helpful."
- "Better understanding of camera design, placement, and network requirements."
- "I developed the ability to speak with designers and technicians and understand the terminology and technology."
- "While I do not manage selection or installation of video surveillance systems directly, I do work closely with the folks who do, and this knowledge will make my dealings with them much more fruitful."
- "Improved my understanding and knowledge of camera security. I now feel confident when making my camera selection."
- "By the time class was completed I was also able to sit in on a 'show & tell' session from a group of vendors that installed our city's IP camera system and ask intelligent questions - and even better, was able to understand the answers!"
Next, integrators and consultants:
- "Helped me sharpen skills I already have and clear up areas that are not covered in traditional manufacture training."
- "Now I can apply camera types and lens types to applications without hesitation."
- "It showed me how to disregard non-essential information and focus on technical information that is crucial."
- "This course gave me good insight to understanding the ins and outs of IP cameras. It showed great depth in not only how IP cameras work but as to how each type applies to various applications."
- "I've been doing this job for a few years but never had any real training for it. This course has expanded on many things that I had the basics but may have not fully understood."
- “It has brought clear perspective of surveillance basics - many things that we assumed or just used rules of thumb were made clear. It is helping me in my day to day work at my job.”
- "I think it's very easy to learn about technical specs of a camera, but it's very difficult to learn how to answer correctly to "what kind of camera and what specs should i choose" and "what is the best place and how should I install this camera" regarding the needs of the customer. And this course teaches how to do that."
- "This course helps to sharpen my skills and understand the basic how the technology works from scratch. This helps a lot when I am working on integration project & it helps me become an better communication bridge our customer & technical and development team."
- "I just recently got into the security camera industry, I was in aviation maintenance for the past 7 years. This course helped me understand how cameras work from the ground up not knowing anything about them to begin with. Great course."
- "Besides the fundamental knowledge, there are also sharing sessions by the facilitators as well as industries participant on what they are experiencing on the ground. It also allow me to see the numerous consideration that one need to take note for field deployment."
Finally, even manufacturers (who hate us) had positive things to say:
- "IPVM helped me understand key concepts and fundamentals of IP cameras to the point that I can explain it well to people that are not necessarily tech savvy. This is invaluable knowledge as I work in the tech support department of an IP camera manufacturer."
- "This course allows me to identify the strength and weakness of the product that we are using, that will help better marketing approach to our clients."
- “I have learned basic knowledge for camera in general and the essay questions in the final exams actually helped me to reorganize my thoughts as I was explaining what is in my head in words. Now, I understand what the engineers in our company talk about and am able to ask questions against their opinions.”
- "I am a technical writer for a home automation equipment manufacturer that recently expanded its IP camera line. This course helped me to better understand the features and functions of the various IP cameras, as well as the best practices used for selecting and implementing the correct camera needed a particular application or environment. I can use this information when I write the documentation that accompanies our cameras."
The course's price is $299 for IPVM PRO Members, including live classes, discussion groups, private feedback, final exam and certification.
Registration is now closed.
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.