Indian Market Statistic OverviewBy John Honovich, Published Jul 08, 2009, 08:00pm EDT
A webinar overviews the market size and growth opportunities of India [link no longer available]. It's part of a whole series from ASMAG's SecuTech Conference of 20 different presentations [link no longer available] that's well worth watching.
As for the survey of India, the three key points made were (1) the Indian market is small, (2) Indian buyers want low cost (or free) and (3) the market is exploding because of the terrorist attacks.
Other interesting points:
- Estimates only $66M USD was spent last year on video surveillance (seems too small though?)
- Guards only cost $50 USD per month so guard replacement is not a big value driver (plus 1 year of guard service is cheaper than buying a megapixel camera)
- Central monitoring services are a disaster because "Indians want it free"
- Consultants are critical, relationship building more important than brand building -- "he's excited when you do something for him" trip to the US, etc.
- Lot of money being spent on infrastructure , 'almost all cities going to city surveillance'
Note: I am not an expert in the Indian market. I am simply summarizing the points I felt were most interesting.
2 reports cite this report:
Back to Top