IMS on China Video Surveillance StatisticsBy John Honovich, Published on Jul 22, 2010
IMS has released statistics for the China Video Surveillance Market. Key points and metrics made include:
- China Video Surveillance market overall revenue was about $1.4 Billion in 2009
- 2010 revenue growth to 'exceed' 20%
- CAGR of 20% from 2010 to 2012
- Project China video surveillance market revenue of $3.5 Billion in 2014
- "Network video surveillance products are growing more quickly than analogue video surveillance products, but confronting more barriers to adoption in China than in overseas markets"
Given the $1.4 Billion estimate, this would place China's share of the total world video surveillance market to be approximately 10-20% year (assuming global market size of roughly $10 Billion).
Contrast this to a 2008 In-Stat report that claimed China video surveillance market had revenue of $4.1 Billion [link no longer available]. We believe the IMS report is more accurate than the 2008 In-Stat report.