Tyco has dropped Dahua for its new Essentials Gen4 NDAA-Compliant cameras but how well do these new cameras compete against Hikua?
We bought and tested the 2MP Tyco Illustra Essentials Gen 4 Fixed Lens Mini-Bullet and Mini-Dome against the Hikvision Performance Dome and Axis M3065-V, examining:
- How do they perform in full light (~300 lux), low light(~1 lux), dark (<0.01 lux), and WDR scenes?
- How does pricing compare to other low-cost models?
- How do they compare to Axis, Hikvision, and Dahua low-cost cameras?
- How even is IR illumination and does it overexpose objects?
- How well do they integrate with VMSes?