Korea's IDIS has struggled to gain traction in North America, despite big tradeshow booths and international expansion plans. But now, with users seeking Hikua alternatives, can they gain ground?
We bought and tested two cameras, the motorized IDIS DC-D4236RX (1080p, 30m IR) and fixed lens DC-D4216WRX (1080p, 30m IR), comparing performance to the Dahua Lite and Hikvision Performance series.
- How do the cameras perform in full light (~300 lux), low light(~1 lux), dark with IR and WDR scenes?
- Are noise and/or blur issues in low light scenes?
- How even is IR illumination and does it overexpose objects?
- Does it integrate to third-party VMSes?
- How do bitrates compare between IDIS, Dahua and Hikvision cameras?
IDIS NVR / End To End system will be the subject of an upcoming IPVM test to see how well (or not) IDIS works as a system, which is what the company primarily markets.