Highlight Compensation (HLC) claims to reduce the effects of strong light sources, such as headlights, that can wash out an image. But how does this feature work in real scenes?
In our testing, we examined the following:
- How well does HLC work in capturing a license plate?
- How is the entire scene affected by having HLC on vs. off?
- Does HLC make a difference in day/color mode?
- Which camera(s) benefited most with HLC?
- Is motion negatively affected with HLC on?
Cameras tested include:
We compared to some non-HLC models as well to see how they compare:
Related, readers should also see our Integrated IR Camera Shootout 2020 and Color Low Light Mega Camera Shootout.