Hikvision Platform Set Alarms On Falun Gong, Protesters, Religion
A Hikvision software platform for PRC police has alarms for Falun Gong practitioners, protestors, and religion, IPVM has verified.
These alarms are listed on Hikvision's own website alongside offences such as homicide, gambling, kidnapping, rape, and drugs.
Hikvision deleted the Falun Gong and religion alarm references shortly after IPVM reached out for comment, but did not respond to IPVM.
IPVM collaborated with UK newspaper The Guardian on this report, see its article Police in China can track protests by enabling ‘alarms’ on Hikvision software.
Related IPVM investigations into Hikvision's offerings inside the PRC include:
- Hikvision AI Training In Xinjiang Paramilitary Base, Now Denies
- Hikvision Interrogation Solution For PRC Police
- Hikvision Markets Uyghur Ethnicity Analytics, Now Covers Up
- Hikvision Cameras Used to Catch Uyghurs Featured in Xinjiang Police Files
- Hikvision Wins PRC Police Project To Predict Protesters Entering Capital