Until now, Chinese video giants Hikvision [link no longer available] and Dahua [link no longer available] have held back releasing access internationally.
Both companies have now pulled the trigger, and distributors are already taking orders.
In this report, based on our ongoing testing and market analysis, we review:
- Pricing: How aggressive will Dahua and Hikvision be against incumbents like Axis, HID and Mercury?
- Controller Features: What features will Dahua and Hikvision have (or miss) that incumbents lack (or have)?
- UL Certification: What UL issues could impact Dahua or Hikvision?
- Access Management / Operations Client: What type of management or operations client will Dahua and Hikvision offer?
- 3rd Party Support: What 3rd party support will be offered?