Hikvision Sues Over Brazilian Airport Loss
Hikvision was excluded from a Brazilian airport project because it is owned by the PRC government. Hikvision sued the airport's operator but has lost with a Bosch / Genetec / Dell solution being installed instead.
Inside this note, we examine:
- The Airport Project
- CCTV Tender & Exclusionary Clauses
- Hikvision Files Suit
- Arcade Wins Bid, Court Initially Rules in Hikvision’s Favor
- Infraero Challenges Court Decision
- Infraero & Arcade Win, Hikvision Loses on Appeal
- Arcade & Infraero Confirm Delivery Is Underway
- Genetec: Confirms Solution Has Been Deployed at Congonhas
- Hikvision: No Comment
- UPDATE Infraero: Hikvision Could Have Bid, But Declined to Sign Declaration Promising Not to Share Images from Cameras
- Challenges for Hikvision in Brazil
This is the second in a series of posts covering Hikvision in Brazil. For previous coverage, see Brazil Assembly Powers Hikvision Local Expansion.