HID is touting its new Signo series as "the signature line of access control readers from HID Global" but how well do they work?
We bought and tested two different Signo readers (a mullion mount 20 and a 40K with keypad) to see how they stack up against competitors (including Brivo, Lenel, Openpath) in the security space.
Inside, we provide:
- 6 key strengths and 5 key weaknesses
- Numerous images and videos showing how it mounts, how it is configured and how that compares to rivals
- Actual read distance vs HID's marketing
- How physical credential compatibility works with Signo
- How well it worked with OSDP 'Secure Channel'
- What advances the keypad & LED lightbar provide
- HID Signo pricing
- HID vs. proprietary mobile access Like Lenel & Brivo
- HID vs. Openpath