HID Global is releasing a new line of readers called Signo they claim read farther, are mobile-ready, and automatically adjust for better reads on difficult surfaces.
But are they better than the line they replace, the iClass SE? In this report, we examine HID's claims and share their feedback, including:
- Signo's initial 4 reader models, including a new mullion keypad type reader
- Comparing pricing for Signo to the existing iClass SE
- Why HID's explanation of Signo's longer read distances are confusing
- How the 3 new 'Credential Profiles' impact which cards can be used
- HID plans for iClass SE?
- What Signo's 'Surface Detection Read Optimization' means
- What the plans are for RB25F Fingerprint readers
- What impact from Signo dropping 'Clock & Data' support