HID Edge controllers have been one of most common offerings in IP door controllers for years.
The new generation is called Edge EVO.
We tested the original Edge 4 years ago. Now, we have bought the new, revamped Edge EVO and are sharing our test results here. As a third-party access hardware option, HID Edge controllers are supported by access vendors like Genetec, Brivo, Feenics, JCI, and others.
In addition to their 3rd party support (e.g. Genetec, Brivo, Feenics, JCI, and others), HID offers a free single door management software called 'Solo' on Edge EVO controllers that requires no additional software or servers. But is it useful enough to be a legitimate option?
Inside, our test covers the following points:
- HID Edge EVO Versus Axis and Mercury Controllers
- EVO Key Differences Compared to non-EVO
- Edge EVO Physical Overview Video
- Pricing Comparisons
- Third-Party Management Software Partners
- Converting Edge EVO Solo to regular EVO Units
And on the embedded software side:
- Embedded EVO Solo Overview
- EVO Solo Limitations
- Ideal Applications
The report inside includes three videos, various images, and comparison charts with our detailed findings.