Masks increase face recognition errors, but facial recognition developer Herta is claiming their algorithm gives priority to the upper part of the face, offering accurate recognition even with masks on.
We tested Herta's BioSurveillance facial recognition for over a month. In this report, we examine:
- How do masks impact facial recognition confidence?
- Do masks increase false positives and negatives?
- How do masks impact recognition at harsh angles or in poor lighting?
- How does recognition without masks compare to wearing them?
- How simple is Herta's UI to operate?