Help for Video Surveillance QuestionsBy John Honovich, Published on Jun 26, 2012
You can now benefit from free, unlimited help on your surveillance questions. IPVM offers this to any IPVM PRO Member. Not only can you access the world's best video surveillance information, if you need help finding the right information or want customized recommendations, we will provide it to you. Watch this short video to learn more:
10 Examples of Helping
Just this month, we have helped various members around the world on specific requests. Here are some examples:
- A Police Officer PRO member asked us how he can determine whether a system he is reviewing is IP or analog. Here's our answer on determining analog vs IP.
- An integrator PRO member asked us on our recent webinar what's the difference between day/night and IR cameras and when should he use one versus the other. While he was a little reluctant to ask this seemingly basic question, it is an excellent one and an important ask in designing systems. Here's our answer on day/night vs IR cameras.
- A University end user PRO member is looking for a new intercom system and asked for input in selecting and comparing top intercom systems on the market. Here's our answer on selecting intercom systems.
- A manufacturer PRO member started a discussion asking for advice on a new storage solution. We moderated an excellent 60+ comment exchange and then did a review summarizing the key advantages and disadvantages of the offering.
- An end user PRO member wants to add in a small access control system and asked us for help in finding low cost offerings. Here's our review of a small access control system.
- A retailer end user PRO member is rolling out a next generation system and asked us for advice on a video analytic system to combat sweathearting and self check out loss. Here's the review we did on the retail video analytic system.
- A startup PRO member asked us for advice on how to best get the word out about their new products. We started a poll and discussion that delivered excellent insights.
- An integrator PRO member was having a challenge deploying an Axis camera that lacked PoE support on a pole outdoors. Here's our review of PoE camera support and work-arounds.
- A consultant PRO member, after reading our report on integrators not knowing what they are doing, asked us for advice on how he can ensure that integrators selected for his projects do know what they are doing. Here's our answer on how to qualify quality integrators.