GunShot Analytics DemoedBy: John Honovich, Published on Nov 10, 2009
A manufacturer of gunshot analytics, SpotShotter, has released a 3 minute video demo that overviews and shows their system. The city of Richmond CA used as an example in the demo. Key points mention in the demo include:
- Sensors put on top of building
- Alerts can distinguish between single or multiple gunshots
- The system records the sound for playback by operator
- While Officers can hear shots on the street they claim it can be difficult for them to determine where exactly the shot is from
- SpotShotter claims they can pinpoint the location of the shot (e.g., gunshot on the middle of a roof)
- Can filter out ambient noise (e.g., claims can distinguish between firecracker and gunshot). They do not mention how well it filters out and how frequently false gunshots are detected.
- A benefit cited is to save lives of gunshot victims by sending out responders quicker and more precisely
1 report cite this report:
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.