LPR startup Flock has raised over $80 million, claiming their license plate readers "stop crime", but how well do they work in the real world?
We tested Flock Safety's Raven LPR camera for over two weeks, examining the following:
- How accurate are license plate reads overall?
- How well does it handle increasingly common stacked characters and specialty plates?
- How accurate is US state identification?
- How accurate are vehicle make and type identification?
- How does it handle multiple plates in the scene?
- How does it handle partial reads?
- How does the Flock Safety Cloud interface perform?
- How well does the solar panel work to power the system?
- 10-minute video review of the Flock UI and system