LPR startup Flock has raised over $80 million, claiming their license plate readers "stop crime", but how well do they work in the real world?
We tested Flock Safety's LPR camera for over two weeks, examining the following:
- How accurate are license plate reads overall?
- How well does it handle increasingly common stacked characters and specialty plates?
- How accurate is US state identification?
- How accurate are vehicle make and type identification?
- How does it handle multiple plates in the scene?
- How does it handle partial reads?
- How does the Flock Safety Cloud interface perform?
- How well does the solar panel work to power the system?
- 10-minute video review of the Flock UI and system