Users can lose badges, but they never misplace a finger, right?
The most common biometric used in access are fingerprints, and it has become one of the most trusted credentials used for access.
However, the biometric has limitations, often is more costly, and is not typically used as the only credential in access.
In this guide, we examine the biggest considerations and factors for using fingerprints:
- The four factors that matter to fingerprint use
- Fingerprint reader Pros vs. Cons
- Why fingerprints do not typically replace other credentials
- Fingerprint readers typically cost more
- The three common fingerprint sensors used in access
- Why Scanning time varies
- Which specific environments are ideal for fingerprints
- Which tough environments are not a good match
- Fingerprint readers advantages over mobile access