Examining the Impact of the RecessionBy: John Honovich, Published on Nov 30, 2008
With a global recession no longer in doubt, two fundamental issues will shape the video surveillance business:
- How significantly the global economy will contract
- How strong will the post-recession economy be
- 6% - 10% reduction in economic growth between Oct 08 and Sept 09
- Slow growth for a number of years in the next decade (2010-)
- Reduce growth rates by 12% to 20% in the next year
- Reduce industry long term growth rates significantly
Expect numerous video surveillance companies to be impacted over the next year – with layoffs becoming common and closures no longer being a surprise. While companies are trying to avoid such measures and hope for the best, widespread poor 4th quarter sales results will increasingly make cuts inevitable.
None of this is an attack on video surveillance. However, video surveillance business must change their fundamental economic assumptions to match the change in the world's economy.
1 report cite this report:
Related Reports on Consumer
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.