~70% of IP cameras allow storing video onboard, at the 'edge', typically through the use of SD cards.
The big question is whether and when it makes sense to use edge storage / recording inside the IP camera.
In this tutorial, we teach:
- Edge compared to centralized and edge site storage
- The 3 most common edge applications explained - server elimination, network load reduction and recording redundancy
- Camera support and limitations
- Third Party Compatability and ONVIF Profile G
- Storage Reliability
- Direct to NAS Alternative
- Stealing Storage
- The Business Case for Edge Storage
- Future of Edge Storage