Digital Watchdog is growing as an alternative to Hikua, with US integrator favorability up, but how do their cameras compare?
IPVM bought and tested the Digital Watchdog MEGApix 1080p DWC-MB72Wi4T Bullet (4mm fixed lens, 100'/~30m IR) and MEGApix 1080p DWC-MF2Wi28TW Dome (2.8mm fixed lens, 50'/~15m IR) cameras, comparing performance to the Dahua Lite and Hikvision Performance series, examining:
- How does image quality compare in full light (~200 lux), color low light (~1 lux), dark (~0.01lux) with IR on and WDR scenes?
- How do Digital Watchdog's "IVA+" analytics perform?
- How does pricing compare to other low-cost models?
- How well does the camera integrate with VMSes?
- How closely do Digital Watchdog and 3xLogic cameras compare both physically and through web UI configuration?
- How does bandwidth consumption compare between Digital Watchdog versus Dahua and Hikvision?