Door Closers have an important job: automatically shut doors when they are opened, because an open door cannot control access.
In this note, we review Door Closers, examine how they are selected, and how to avoid misusing them:
- Why closers are important for access control
- Why using closers as barricade locks is often illegal
- Applications other than security where closers help
- What normal closer operation should look like
- The 3 standard movement phases and configuring locks for them
- How to properly size closers
- Typical closer pricing
Finally, the 6 question quiz at the end will test your knowledge.