Historically, Dell has been a PC and server provider (e.g., "Dude, you're getting a Dell") and widely used for surveillance storage.
However, in 2016, Dell finished acquiring EMC (which included VMware) and is now leveraging those companies to launch a new category of products aimed at video surveillance.
In this report, based on a conversation with Dell, we examine their "IoT Solution for Surveillance" including:
- What Dell means by "IoT Solution For Surveillance?
- Who the best and worst target markets are for this
- How it is being customized / bundled
- Why this is not a PSIM
- What impact is this has on existing Dell OEM partners
- Compared to Pivot3
- Competing with IT-Centric Manufacturers like HP