Can Dahua become a major force in access control? We bought Dahua's ASC1202B to find out.
We tested Dahua access and its management application to see how it stacks up to competitors in the security space.
With this report, we cover these findings and more:
- 4 key strengths and 5 key weaknesses
- The biggest disruptive element of Dahua's access control
- Dahua-only compatible elements of the platform
- A teardown view image showing the inside of the Controller
- 4 video screencasts explaining how Dahua's management client works
- Comparison of Dahua's Controller to Axis, HID and Mercury
- Examination of video verification strengths and weakness
- Challenges with system reporting
- Initial cybersecurity review
Inside, we detail our findings on how well the system operates, where it is weak, and how it compares to other access systems.
[Note: We have bought and are testing Hikvision's access control offering as well, expect that report later in October.]