Dahua's new Pro Series 4K N85CL5Z claims to "deliver superior images in all lighting and environmental conditions", but how does this compare to their "high end" Ultra Series model (NK8BL7Z)?
To find out, we bought and tested both their Ultra Series NK8BL7Z and the Pro Series N85CL5Z cameras against their earlier Lite Series N84CG54, examining:
- How do the Ultra and Pro Series perform versus each other and the Lite Series model tested in our 2018 8MP / 4K Fixed Lens Camera Shootout?
- How do they perform in full light (~400lx), low light(~2lx) and dark (~0.02lx) scenes?
- How does H.265+ bandwidth compare day and night?
- How does installation compare to other dome models?
- How well do they integrate to VMSes?
This is the latest in our continued series of updated 4K camera testing, following Axis P/Q 4K cameras, Bosch's Starlight 8000i, Hanwha Wisenet P, and Hikvision's new Smart & Performance series, with Panasonic and Vivotek coming soon. Suggestions? Let us know what other 4K cameras we should test.