This study provides the foundations for video surveillance professionals to understand the importance of cybersecurity, what is being done to enhance cybersecurity and what providers are viewed as the best and worst at cybersecurity.
100 integrators answered the following 5 open-ended questions on cyber security:
- How important is cyber security in your customers' decision making process?
- What type of customers are most concerned about cyber security? Why?
- What steps do you take to ensure cyber security for your customers video surveillance systems?
- Which security manufacturers do you feel are strongest in terms of cyber security? What do they do that makes you feel this way?
- Which security manufacturers do you feel are weakest in terms of cyber security? What do they do that makes you feel this way?
They provided detailed color commentary on each point, so you can understand their mindset and approach.
The key trends revealed in the study:
- Overall, cyber security is generally not very important for customer's decision making process.
- The 4 segments showing highest cybersecurity concern were government, banking, education and healthcare
- Steps taken to secure systems were generally basic. While various techniques were mentioned, changing default password was the most common.
- Western video surveillance manufacturers were viewed as the strongest in cyber security.
- Chinese, and specifically Hikvision, was selected as the weakest in cyber security.
Full details, integrator explanations and our analysis is shared inside.