Consumer IP camera usage is growing significantly driven by large companies including Google (with Nest), Amazon (with Ring), Netgear (with Arlo) and Hikvision (with Ezviz). Plus, analytics are an increasingly standard component of such systems but how well do they perform?
IPVM has already shot out professional IP camera analytics including Avigilon, Axis, Bosch, Dahua, Hanwha, Hikvision, and Uniview. Now we turn to their consumer counterparts, as we purchased and tested outdoor offerings from:
How well would their analytics perform? And would the significant cost savings of the Hikvision Ezviz provide just as good quality as the much more expensive alternatives?
In this report, we share our results including:
- Analytic performance rankings
- False alert resistance versus foliage, shadows, animals, rain, lights, and more
- Fast moving vs. normal speed object detection
- Detection distances/PPF levels
- Configuration/zone creation for each
- How pricing compares, for cameras and cloud service