Commend touts the new ID5 intercom as 'timelessly elegant' and the slim body, glass front touchscreen indeed looks better than common, but ugly, institutional looking call stations.
But how well does it work?
We bought and tested Commend's ID5 touchscreen door station to see how it compares to the competition.
In this report, we evaluate and test the following:
- ID5 strengths & weaknesses
- Device pricing compared to competitors
- Video performance
- How door strike integration works
- Grandstream VoIP phone and SIP software integration
- Milestone VMS integration
This test expands IPVM's intercom test series including Zenitel's Vingtor-Stentofon, Axis access, Axis mullion door station, 2N Verso and Hikvision's door station. Look for an upcoming shootout this fall.