Card printers are a core component of professional access control systems, often used as photos IDs and prominently displayed.
Modern badges put company branding and logos on public display by using specialty printers to permanently mark badges, often with high-security features, that may last for years of use.
In this guide, we help you pick the right types of cards and printers, explaining the key drivers involved:
- When to pick stickers vs printers
- How to create badges
- Choosing between Reverse Transfer and DTC printers
- Whether you should use automatic flipping
- How much one should pay
- Whether integrators should provide this as a service / RMR
- What products / manufacturers to choose from