Test Yourself - Camera InstallationBy: Brian Rhodes, Published on Jan 31, 2013
Installation quality is one of the most important aspects of a video surveillance system. Not only is operation affected by poor installation, but making the correct installation choices can improve reliability and performance.
Take our "Installation Knowledge Test" now!
The quiz below gauges your aptitude on real-life installation issues - take it and see how you stack up!
IPVM has published a wealth of material on practical installation topics. The answer to the quiz questions below are found in these articles and guides:
- Camera Installation Guide
- Camera Mounting Guide
- Estimating IP Camera Cabling Costs
- Cabling Best Practices Guide
- Camera Install Issues - Plenum, UL and Conduit Connections
- Proper Box Camera Installation
- Training: Selecting Power for Video Surveillance
- Work Lifts Examined
- Primer on Pole Mounting Cameras
- Surveillance Problems with Synthetic Stucco (EIFS)
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.