Video analytics are hot again. But whose analytics really work?
IPVM bought and tested Avigilon, Axis, Bosch, Dahua, Hanwha and Hikvision cameras, focusing on their core intrusion / people detection analytics.
First, we tested each analytics separately, see individual reports below:
Now, in this report, we cover:
- The best, average and worst performers overall
- The top 2 best performers compared in detail
- The weaknesses of the average and worst performers
- How the competitors resisted outdoor false alerts (e.g., foliage, small animals, shadows/lights, rain)
- How the competitors handled indoor false alerts (i.e., shadows, , ights and flashes)
- Who delivered the greatest range (ranking pixel density / PPF requirements)
- What specific detection issues each analytic had
- Who was better or worse at configuration and calibration
- How VMSes supported (or not) these cameras analytic events
We start with a 5-minute video screencast that overviews and explains the rankings: