Broad Product Offering Released / Test Results ExaminedBy John Honovich, Published Sep 21, 2009, 08:00pm EDT
Sanyo has announced a broad range of new products [link no longer available] that expands them from just the single VCC-HD4000 [link no longer available] (test in progress, see below) to a fairly complete product offering.
The new Sanyo product lineup features (see an image of the cameras physically):
- 3 Fixed Domes, Standard, Day/Night, High Performance Day/Night
- 3 Box C/CS mount, Standard, Day/Night, HIgh Performance Day/Night
- 1 Newer compact version of the VCC-HD4000 that will fit in smaller housings
- 2 New PTZs including the first 1080p H.264 PTZ
- Currently, Sanyo's VMS support for their cameras using the H.264 codec is very limited (only LuxRiot and Milestone, though I was not able to get H.264 stream working reliably on Milestone despite numerous support calls). It's not 'rocket science' to resolve this but it could take time to achieve broad VMS support.
- The camera seems to stream at a high constant bit rate. In numerous tests with 1080 H.264, the bitrate was always 6 Mb/s regardless of the scene (which is fairly high for daytime and low motion applications).
- The UI is somewhat complex and doing normal administrative tasks is difficult (e.g., upgrading the camera required manually inserting a flash card with the firmware upgrade and using the on-screen controls to a spot monitor to perform the upgrade.
1 report cite this report:
Back to Top