Briefcam has released version 6.0, including an overhaul of their facial recognition which claims significant performance improvements, along with mask and distance detection, as well as adding appearance search.
To see how these new features and improvements really work, we tested Briefcam 6.0 for 2+ weeks, and in this 18-page report, we examine:
- Does the 6.0 version really improve face rec? If so, by how much?
- How, if any, has harsh angle recognition improved?
- How, if any, has low light and IR recognition improved?
- How, if any, has recogntion with hats and sunglasses improved?
- What PPF is required for consistent recognition?
- When does Briefcam produce false positives?
- How well does mask detection work and can it be spoofed?
- Can proximity detection accurately detect distance between people?
- How accurate is similar appearance search?