Azalea Acquired: Wireless Video Surveillance Deal ExaminedBy: John Honovich, Published on May 09, 2010
The maximum price to be paid for Azalea is approximately $40 Million. However, $13.5 Million is based on future cash payouts on contingent rights. The initial stock purchase of $27 Million is also subject to a number of adjustments (review the 8K for details on the acquisition terms).
Aruba Networks, the acquirer has published a FAQ on the acquisition including the following key details on Azalea:
- Claims 25,000 mesh units deployed
- Claims 140 total customers
- $5 Million in 2009 revenue
- About 100 worldwide employees (most in China)
- Most sales are to China and US
- Citing IDC, claims to be largest mesh vendor in China
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.