Axis claims that its new Zipstream compression technology can "lower bandwidth and storage requirements by an average 50% or more."
That is quite an audacious claim for such a fundamental element of video surveillance systems.
In this note, we explain how Zipstream works and how it matches up against other bandwidth 'saving' technologies and rival products:
- Dynamic Scene Compression - How It Works
- Dynamic I Frame Interval - What It Does
- Axis Best and Worst Case Zipstream Scenarios
- Axis Availability Restrictions
- Zipstream vs H.265
- Zipstream vs Vivotek Smart Stream and Arecont Bandwidth Savings Mode
- Zipstream vs Ambarella
- Zipstream vs Dahua and Hikvision
- Zipstream Marketing Impact