Two years after declaring "Everything is IP", Axis has released their first HD analog encoder, the P7304, with support for AHD, CVI, TVI, and SD cameras, Zipstream H.265, analytics support, and more.
We bought and tested the P7304 to see how it performed testing:
- How well do AHD, CVI, and TVI cameras, from Dahua, Hanwha and Hikvision work with the encoder?
- How does camera connectivity work? What manual steps are involved?
- How well do various resolutions (VGA, 1080p, 4MP, 8K) work?
- How does up the coax control work?
- How does smart codec bandwidth compare to others?
- How does it compare to Dahua and Hikvision HD DVRs used as encoders?