While Axis' Q3517-LVE tested well, it is one of Axis' most expensive dome cameras, over $1,000 USD. Because of this, members asked us how it compares to Axis' "mid range" P3227-LVE, their P series 5MP option.
To find out, we bought and tested the P3227-LVE vs. the Q3517-LVE to see how they compare, looking at:
- How do full light (~300 lux) details compare?
- How do nighttime (~0.01 lux) details compare with IR illumination on?
- How evenly does each camera illuminate the field of view?
- Do both cameras meet specified IR range?
- How does color low light (~2 lux) performance compare?
- How does wide dynamic range performance compare?
- How do day and night smart codec bitrates compare?
See our full results inside.