Axis M30 Series Tested Vs. Hanwha and Hikvision
The latest generation of Axis M30 Mini Domes claims "great image quality in challenging light conditions" and also supports Axis Object Analytics (DLPU). But how well do they perform against the previous generation or competitors like Hanwha or Hikvision?
IPVM bought and tested the Axis M3085-V, M3086-V, and M3088-V mini domes, compared to the previous generation, the M3065-V (See Test), and M3066-V (See Test), and competitor mini domes, such as Hikvision Pro Series (DS-2CD2583G2-IS, DS-2CD2543G2-IS, and DS-2CD2523G2-IS) and Hanwha Q series (QND-6011 and QND-8011), in this report we provide our fully tested results, including:
- How does the new generation Axis M308x series image quality compare to the previous generation M306x (See test) or competitors like Hanwha or Hikvision mini domes?
- What improvements were found in the current generation M30s versus the previous generation?
- How does the Axis Object Analytics perform on the current generation M30s?
- How much PPF is needed for reliable person detection?
- How do the M30s handle common indoor false alert sources?
- What competitive weaknesses were found in the Axis M30 series?
- How does image quality compare to the previous generation M30s, Hanwha Q series, or Hikvision Pro series mini domes in full-light (~180 lux), low-light (~0.5 lux, ~1 lux, ~5 lux), dark (<0.1 lux), and WDR scenes?
- How does pricing compare to previous generation M30s, Hanwha, or Hikvision mini domes?
- How does bandwidth compare in day and night against previous generation Axis M30s, Hanwha Q, or Hikvision Pro Series mini domes?
- How well do these cameras integrate with Avigilon Control Center, Exaqvision, Genetec, Milestone, and NxWitness in H.264 / H.265?
- What is the Country of Origin for each manufacturer?