In a building that looks more like corporate offices than a 'factory' and just down the road from suburban housing developments is Avigilon's USA manufacturing plant.
Given the heightened interest in non-China manufacturing, IPVM visited the plant to see what Avigilon does there and its most recent developments including:
- What they manufacture there
- How they manufacturer in the USA
- How it compares to their Canadian manufacturing
- Why they choose to manufacture in the USA
- What benefits they see compared to manufacturing in China or Vietnam
- What disadvantages they have from such manufacturing
- What products they do not manufacturer themselves
- How the Motorola acquisition and ownership is impacting them
Just like IPVM's Hanwha Vietnam factory visit, and unlike trade magazine visits, IPVM covered all of our own expenses.