Average Pricing Calculator ReleasedAuthor: John Honovich, Published on Dec 09, 2014
How much should you expect to pay for a 1080p dome or a 3MP outdoor bullet or a camera from Axis?
Figuring out average pricing historically has been tedious and time consuming, forcing you to find, aggregate and tabulate pricing yourself.
Now, IPVM's new average pricing calculator lets you do it instantly for any combination of criteria.
At the bottom of the camera finder, you will now see this option / prompt:
You just click that link and it will return the average for the cameras searched / selected. Here's how it looks for all production cameras in the Finder:
We include both mean and median for cases where a smaller number of higher priced cameras drags the 'average' up (e.g., in surveillance, PTZs do that, because of their much higher average expense than fixed ones).
Note: pricing is almost always pulled from an average of publicly available, online prices list in USD.
Here are a few example of average pricing from the Finder:
- Dome cameras: Mean price is $616 and median price is $580
- Indoor PTZ cameras: Mean price is $1,457 and median price is $1,240
- Outdoor PTZ cameras: Mean price is $2,732 and median price is $2,305
- 5MP Varifocal cameras: Mean price is $975 and median price is $780
- ACTi cameras: Mean price is $494 and median price is $390
- Pelco cameras: Mean price is $1,734 and median price is $860
You can do any combination of searches and average pricing calculation you desire. These are just a few examples.
Try it out in the Camera Finder now.
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.